Note: The following material is included for historical information about New York Net. Please consult the Verio web site for current information.
Shared Ethernet - Co-Location Service
With New York Net's 'Shared T1 Ethernet Co-location Service', your system is placed at one of our POPs where it enjoys high speed connectivity to the Internet at a significantly lower cost to you than if you were to purchase a T1 or 10Mbps link to your location.
How it works: Your system will be placed on a shelf in a cabinet at one of our POP locations. It will be powered by a UPS and will be on an Ethernet whose connectivity to the rest of the net is guaranteed to be at least T1 or 10Mbps (depending on the service level purchased). You manage the system remotely, for example via telnet and ftp.
- High Bandwidth - You are guaranteed at least T1 connectivity.
- Robust Connection - You are at one of our POP locations.
- Physical Security - Our POPs are limited access environments located in high security buildings.
- Data Security - Your system is isolated from others via packet- filtering Ethernet bridges.
- Low Cost - The cost is a fraction of what it would be to bring a T1 connection to your location.
- Remote Management - Our POP locations are, in general, unstaffed. If you need physical access to your equipment, you must make arrangements with us in advance, so we can have one of our staff at the location to admit you. You must plan on doing most of the management of your system via 'remote control'.
- Physical Space - You are limited to 10.5" of space in our cabinet/rack. This generally means that you install a system unit, without a keyboard or monitor. Also, if your system is a tower, it must be capable of being operated on its side. Additional space and custom configurations are available by special quote.